Monday, October 1, 2007

Wow that went fast...

Ok, so I received the wool for my sweater Wednesday afternoon and was very glad that it arrived, so I swatched right away and then cast on. So this is what it looked like Wednesday afternoon:


So, it's not like I didn't have lots of school work to do, you've seen the posts for my Info Systems class, and I had an exam on Friday in Japanese, and I did get some of that done - even managed to do a bunch of readings for my classes, but somehow just knitting round and round in stockinette went really, really fast. By Friday morning I was finished the decreases up the side and ready to start into the increases. It was this big:


Luckily, I had a good friend visiting over the weekend and spent most of my time otherwise occupied, because I don't think I would have accomplished anything else. Even still we watched a couple movies and I am now beginning the cable repeats for the top of the sweater. Unfortunately reality has set in going back to classes today (not so happily, my friend and I went out last night, there was a 4L pitcher of beer involved, and then she had to leave to catch a train at 6am this morning - it was a rough day), and I am realizing how much work I actually have to get done, and so can't commit the time and energy required for the cables... I'm considering starting a sleeve - this is not good...

No comments: