Friday, October 12, 2007

Sweater blues...


Well, the sweater is finally at the stage where the yoke would be done, and it looks great. However, the key words in that sentence being "would be"... I took it off the needles to try it on, and the length is great, but I think it would fit better if the decreases were worked more frequently and the top was about 2" smaller around. I did leave in the string from last time I tried it on, so I could just rip it out back to there - but that makes me really nervous - I don't know how that will go, I can just see my sweater coming completely apart in front of my eyes.
But the 2 1/2" is just way to much for me to consider tinking, although I have done very long sections in the past. I think I will have a drink with supper tonight to help this along a bit...


EDIT: Well, I got up the courage to rip it all back, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, thank goodness I had that string in there!

No comments: