Friday, September 14, 2007

Current Knitting and such

As I mentioned in my first post, I love to knit socks, so I normally have a couple on the go at a time. Right now I just have one, and have just discovered I only have enough wool for one sock(!!), which is really too bad because I am loving this pattern.

It's "Traveling Vine" from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks, a book which I bought when I wanted to advance from just stockinette stitch to more advanced socks. The yarn is Lorna's Laces, Hawaii colorway - I'm not sure I like how it's pooling, but I guess that may be irrelevant if I can't afford anymore yarn to make a second one and have to frog this one...

I went yarn shopping today for yarn for the Wheat-ear Cable Yoke sweater from IK Summer '07 (scroll down, it's on the 3rd line). I ended up walking about 5kms, so I guess I should do my research more before I venture out into Montreal again. It may just be me and the fairly newness to knitting, or the communication barrier here, but I didn't really end up with something that will work. I went to this awesome yarn store, Magasin de Fibre L.B., which has bins and bins of all types of, well, string, and you can pick out what you want, even mix and match a little and they will custom wind the weight and amount that you need. It's super-cheap too! I ended up with a cotton yarn which I really like, but the swatch is turning out a bit too see-through for this sweater I think, so it will be used sometime later.


For the sweater I'm thinking about ordering some KnitPicks Swish Superwash, either in Jade, Marine Heather or Deep Ocean, but I'm still not sure about ordering yarn online that I haven't been able to feel, but I think I'm about out of options for LYSs, so I may go ahead and give it a try.
Off to put a casserole in the oven for supper, and maybe squeeze in some studying (ugh...)

No comments: